Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Jersey is an Odd Shape

So I finally started preparing for my first day of school (exactly 1 week from tomorrow). I was not too excited about the $300 parking pass and $250 in books, but I really enjoyed spending an hour wandering around the campus. The parking services office was extremely informative and helpful, which is a huge improvement from the parking services office at MSU (I literally threw my credit card at them once, oops). The bookstore was huge, with a large selection of clothes, books, textbooks, and even a cafe (definitely somewhere I will be frequenting throughout the semester). 

My next trip to the college will be on Friday for my official on-boarding, which is apparently a fancy term for doing HR paperwork. 

On the way home I was able to stop at a craft store. Probably my favorite type of store (right up there with office supply stores). I bought a piece of wood to make this really cool piece of artwork that I saw on Pinterest for a friend who just moved into a new house. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a Pinterest addict. I actually don't like it at all. I mostly just get craft ideas off of it.) The craft on Pinterest was based around a picture of Texas, and I was going to revamp it with a picture of New Jersey. Unfortunately, NJ has a very odd shape that is not really suitable for the craft. So now I am left with a piece of wood and no craft. So any ideas are definitely welcomed!  

The Craft I Attempted! 

I guess I will spend the rest of the evening figuring out this craft and possibly taking a look inside my textbooks to see what's in store for me the next few months. 

Until later..
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment